Usually, when you create a new Gmail account, Google will ask you for phone number verification. It used to be optional, but Google has made it mandatory. However, you may not want Google to know your number. After all, that kind of information is sensitive. What would happen if Google was hacked and your number was leaked? It is not unreasonable to keep it to yourself. In that case, you want an alternative way to create a Gmail account, one that does not require your number.
Fortunately, there are several ways around the Gmail phone number requirement. So, if you don’t want to provide Google with your phone number for any reason, you can use one of these options instead.
How to create a Gmail account without verification
There are a few ways to create a Gmail account without phone verification. One of the easiest ways to do this is through the Gmail app. Why? Because no matter how you sign up, you can refuse to provide a phone number for verification. An alternative way is to enter 15 as your age. This way Gmail will think that you do not yet have a phone number.
Note: While these methods may work, sometimes when you access your account from another device or if you log in for the second time, the app will ask for your phone number. To avoid this problem, add another email for verification before you log in again so that it can prompt for that email. Add another e-mail with the age of 15 that should take care of it.
If all else fails, you can at least use a dummy number Web site. You will still have to add a phone number but it will not be yours.
Create a Gmail account on Android or iPhone
If you have an Android device or an iPhone, you can create a new Gmail account from the Settings app. This will save you from having to enter your phone number. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Settings app from the app menu.
- Locate Accounts/Cloud and Accounts based on your system version.
- Tap Accounts.
- Choose Add Account located at the bottom of the list.
- Select Google from the list. A Google window will open.
- Press Create Account at the bottom left of the screen.
- Enter your first and last name, then press the Next button .
- Enter your date of birth and gender and tap Next again .
- Select a new Gmail address or enter your own.
- Enter your password.
- Google will ask you if you want to add a phone number.
- Press Skip to skip this step or More Options . If you select the latter, you can choose to enter a phone number
- Press “No, don’t add my phone number.”
- Google will tell you to review your account information. Press Next.
- Agree to the Terms of Service.
That is all. You do not need to enter anything else. You can use your new e-mail and you won’t have to verify it with a phone number.
Set your age to 15
Making yourself a minor is another way to avoid the phone verification requirement. If you are 15 or younger, Google will think you don’t have a smartphone yet. Create Gmail Account Without Phone Number The best part of this method is that it is extremely simple. All you have to do is set another year of birth. Here’s how you can do it:
- Start your browser.
- Go to Gmail.
- Press the Create Account option located at the bottom of the screen.
- Click “For Myself” or “For Business.”
- Enter your account information and a new email address.
- Press Next.
- Set your birth year to be 15 or less. So if it is 2020, you will need to set it to 2005+.
- Leave the cell phone bar blank.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
This method works, but keep your age under 18 or Google may eventually want your phone number. Also, if you plan to add a security option such as another email, create a second email where you are under 15 and add that one instead.
IMPORTANT: This method will work ONLY if you log out of your other e-mail accounts before doing so. Otherwise, Gmail will not ask for your birthday and because it will think your birthday is the same as your previous e-mails.
Use a false number
Another option is to use a dummy number. This is an online service that you can use to verify your accounts by mobile number. You can use one of the dummy numbers from these Web sites instead of your own. If you choose this option, Gmail will send a verification key to the dummy number and you will be able to read and enter it.
Some of the Web sites that offer dummy numbers are:
- Free SMS Verification
- Get SMS now
- Upon verification
- Receive SMS free of charge
Note : You will not be able to use a number multiple times. So if you set your phone number as your only recovery option, you may permanently lose your email account if you lose your password.
Can I use the same phone number for multiple Gmail accounts?
Absolutely. If you use a real phone number to register, you can use it multiple times to register for different Gmail accounts. However, you cannot use dummy numbers more than once, so if you want to use a number on multiple accounts, you must use a real number. Create Gmail Account Without Phone Number
A second option is to create a group of accounts where you are under 15 years old and update your birthday as time goes by. Why update it? Because while Gmail normally does not ask you for a number once you turn 18, their terms of service may change in the future.